Metal Stool Love


I picked this metal stool up at an estate sale. I had seen a few on blogland and felt the need to refinsh one for myself!

There was an old sticker that wasn't coming off.





I used KleenStrip to remove the sticker and old finish.




Next I sanded the top smooth and covered it with newspaper to prepare for spray painting.





I wiped down the metal legs and spray painted them with Rustoleum's 2x Lagoon. The blue was a little too bright for me so I wiped it with Minwax Dark Walnut.



Then I stained the wood with the Dark Walnut.



I made a stencil using Microsoft Word and printed it out on card stock. I choose the outline option so I didn't use tons of ink! I then used an exacto knife to cut the number out leaving me a perfect stencil! I secured the stencil with painter's tape and used a small artist brush to paint the number. When the black paint was dry, I waxed the seat with Minwax dark wax.




I can now cross "buying an old metal stool with a wooden seat and refinish it" off my bucket list!
Bagikan :
+
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar untuk "Metal Stool Love"

 
Template By Kunci Dunia
Back To Top